For details of our school curriculum please visit our School Prospectus which is available on this web site under the About Us Section.
The following information is also available:
In line with other Catholic Primary Schools our curriculum for teaching Religious Education is through the Come and See Scheme.
As a Catholic School, Religious Education is placed at the very core of the curriculum. We teach RE for 2 hours every week and this subject and our gospel values are woven through the whole life of our school.
Early Reading and Phonics
Our Foundation Stage is a vibrant learning environment which allows children to experience letter sounds and words in every area. In both Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 We deliver a specific teaching programme for phonics called Letters and Sounds, which is taught daily in both Nursery, Reception and Key Stage 1.
We also encourage our children to become enthusiastic readers by providing them with a variety of reading books.
Reception read mainly from the Oxford Reading Tree and Rigby Rocket schemes.
In Key Stage 1 we follow Oxford Reading Tree and Rigby Rockets and Stars schemes.
These give a variety of fiction and non-fiction books to develop children’s reading range.
Our daily phonics sessions are fun, involving lots of speaking, listening and games. The emphasis is on children’s active participation. They learn to use their phonic knowledge for reading and writing activities and in their independent play.
Phonics Screening Check
What is the phonics screening check?
The phonics screening check is an assessment to confirm whether individual children have learnt phonic decoding to an appropriate standard.
It will identify the children who need extra help so they are given support to improve their reading skills. The will then be able to retake the check test so that schools can track them until they are able to decode.
Who is it for?
The screening check is for all Year 1 pupils – and children in Year 2 who previously did not meet the standard of the check in Year 1.
The link below will take you to the DfE information page about the check, should you have any questions, as always you can come into see your child’s class teacher.
- Year 4/5 and Year 5 - Off With Her Head Summer Term Overview.pdf pdf180.3 KbMay 7th, 2019
- Year 3 & Year 4 - Heroes and Villains Summer Term Overview.pdf pdf36.0 KbApr 26th, 2019
- Year 3 & Year 4 - Homework Grid Heroes and Villains.pdf pdf102.8 KbApr 26th, 2019
- Nursery - Homework planner Nursery Did Dragons Exist.pdf pdf183.3 KbApr 26th, 2019
- Year 4/5 & Year 5 - Off With Her Head Homework Grid.pdf pdf166.1 KbApr 24th, 2019
- Reception Homework Planner.pdf pdf187.4 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Year 1+2 - Homework Planner Enchanted Woodland Autumn.pdf pdf198.4 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Year 1 - Overview.pdf pdf265.2 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Year 5 - English and Maths for Parents.pdf pdf23.4 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Year 4 - English and Maths for Parents.pdf pdf24.9 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Year 3 - English and Maths for Parents.pdf pdf24.8 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Year 1 - English and Maths for Parents.pdf pdf17.5 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Year 1+2 - Enchanted Woodland Autumn Term Overview.pdf pdf233.0 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Year 2 - Enchanted Woodland.pdf pdf282.2 KbMar 27th, 2019
- Creative Curriculum Map.pdf pdf121.1 KbMar 27th, 2019